- I have been playing professionally for 50 years (clubs, concerts, recordings, shows, theater (Roger Rocca's for one), churches, and more
- I have played throughout the USA & England
- I got to play with several major artists over the years including: Jimmy Bryant at the Riveria in Palm Springs in 1973, Joe Henderson, Toshiko Akiyoshi, Diane Schuur, Bob Sheppard, Julie Kelley, Chris Montez, The Diamonds, Mitch Holder, Tim May, Frank Potenza, Barry Zweig, Robert Conti, John Stowell, John Pisano and others (including GREAT local players)
- I have played with players who play(ed) with major bands & players such as Herbie Hancock, Chicago, Richie Blackmore, Cecil Taylor, and more.
- I have opened/played after Carmen McRae, George Benson, David Sanborn, Three Dog Night, Warren Hill, Kurt Elling, Poncho Sanchez, Bella Fleck and the Flecktones, and others
- I have performed on several recordings that have been recognized nationally and internationally
- I studied and played at FCC and CSUFresno and have a Music Minor. I have taken lessons from several major drummers, and am currently studying with three teachers (two in LA).
- I play most styles, but lean toward jazz.
- I play a lot locally (all kinds of gigs)
- I recently retired after working 30 years for the Government and am now trying to up my drumming game at age 63! :)
Edward Fritz has been playing drums for over 17 years now. He first started his drum studies with a Fresno known drummer Curtis Hatcher. Known to most people in the valley as "Papa Bear." Papa Bear, was a student of Art Blakey, who was known world wide for his jazz group "Art Blakey and The Jazz Messengers." Under Papa Bears wing, Edward learned how to play traditional forms of Jazz, Soul, Blues, R&B and much more. Papa Bear had a very old school approach which influenced Edward at a young age. He now uses that approach with a modern twist with his students. Edward believes that the basis of drumming comes first before one can get a drum set. He has also took lessons from Chris Millar, Joe Lizama, (drummer of Johnny Mathis and instructor at Fresno City College) and Brian Hamada to further his skills as a percussionist. While attending Fresno City College, he had the opportunity to play with Saxophonist Tom Scott, Bob Sheppard, pianist Mark Levine, and many more to name a few. Currently, He is involved in countless projects / bands such as The Only Cash Band (a tribute to Johnny Cash), Danny Millsap Band, Basura (Spanish Punk & Ska Band), "1140" (neo soul R&B group), Lezayr (bilingual rock / pop Group), and various jazz groups, just to name a few. As he says in his own when he asked what sales of music he plays; "I play pretty much everything except speed metal, even though I like groups such as Animals As Leaders." Edward has a wide range tastes in music which is vastly shared with his students and with his audience on Radio Bilingue. Some of Edward's Favorite drummers: Chris Daddy Dave, Eric Harland, Mike Portnoy, Art Blakey, Gavin Harrison, Billy Cobham, Matt Garstka, John Bonham, Alex Acuna, and much more! If you would like to hear more of Edwards tastes in music you can listen to his show every third Sunday of the month on 91.5 from 9pm till midnight.